Friday, January 5, 2007

January 4, 2007 - We see her face for the 1st time!!!



The morning never seemed to drag so long before waiting for FedEx to arrive. Could never be happier to see him! My hands were shaking with the package in my hands as my husband looked over my shoulders. We saw her picture both at the same time and both thought she was the most beautiful baby we had ever seen in our lives! We fell in love instantly and knew our daughter had found us at last!

The amazing thing was that she looks like me and my sister when we were that age. We'd always heard that the CCAA tries to match the baby with the parent's features as best as they can and we truly believe that to be true after seeing the strong resemblance of many of the babies with their adopted parents. It's amazing to think that a Chinese baby could even look like a Caucasian parent but a trained eye can pick that out!

The moment we saw her, we knew that Emileen fits her perfectly. Now, the Chinese name will be much more difficult! This will take considerable reflection and much help from my parents. We are not going to make her Chinese name official on her birth certificate or passport, but she will know her Chinese name.

5 comments:

Hellen Raney said...

Congratulations!

She is so beautiful, look at the hair...
Wish your waiting will be a bling of eye and very very soon your baby will be in your arm.
Very happy for you both.

Hellen Raney,proud Mom of Melissa Anne. Grp 112

Gary Hesson said...

Congratulations,

She is very beautiful!! I remember when we got our referal!


I know what you mean about CCAA's matching of appearance. I did not really believe it before, but many people, even strangers, will tell us how much our daughter looks like me. I am caucasian and really don't see any resemblence myself, but I guess its there. My wife is Chinese (3rd generation American), but her parents are still a little on the superstitious side as well, so I really understand your comments. My wife and daughter were both born in the year of the Horse.

Good Luck

Gary Hesson, Proud father of Kaitlin 4yrs Grp#69, Martinez, CA

Special K said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! She has so much hair!

Krista
Group 123

Flee said...

I love Emileen's hair! She does look like you and I when we were babies :0), I'm so proud!!

I'm so glad you have this blog! I loved reading every bit of it. I'm sure this is only the beginning of many more beautiful, fun, and exciting stories/moments/pictures to come. I look so forward to reading them all and sharing in your happiness!

Love your sis and proud auntie,
Finny

betsy said...

Emileen is gorgeous! Congratulations on the referral of your YiYang baby! I have two daughters (ages 4 and 6.5 years) who lived at the YiYang CWI, and I was also part of the Half the Sky work crew that established an Infant Nurture Center there. There is a yahoo listserv you may join to gather additional information about the orphanage and city: YiyangCWI_Hunan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Please feel free to contact me for more information at thompson1969@maine.rr.com

All best wishes to your family,
Betsy