Saturday, January 6, 2007

January 5, 2007 - Pooh Loves Baby!

We received "Busy Body Pooh" in the mail today to send to Emileen in her care package. Amazon only took 1 day! Pooh bear talks when different body parts are pressed. Pressing the tummy causes pooh to say, "Pooh loves baby!" It's perfect for babies 6 months and older.



We'll be busy assembling Emileen's care package this weekend--trying to rush it off as soon as possible since I heard it can take over 4 weeks to get there and we desperately want to get her goodies to her by her 1st birthday on January 26!

Can't believe how sore I am from my vaccinations. I got them on the buttock--per my request because I develop intense permanent discolorations on my deltoid (upper arm) from post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from annual influenza shots that are required for health care professionals (something all non-Asian parents should take note of for your Asian children). Asians, as well as other ethnic skin, are very prone to developing dark discolorations from any kind of trauma (including shots!).

I got my influenza shots already in October (perfect timing--just before flu season started). I received Hepatitis A, typhoid fever, and TDaP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and acellular Pertussis booster) shots yesterday. Need to get a follow-up Hepatitis A booster in 6 months to ensure immunity. Will be checking my HepB titers to make sure I'm still immune against Hepatitis B (all health care professionals are required to get Hepatitis B immunization but the titer needs to be checked every 10 years in case there's need for a booster). Steve has already finished his Hep B series.

And like a silly goose, I rammed my sore bum against the pantry doorknob in a weird kind of spastic dance trying to avoid running into my husband in the kitchen. Ouch!! Hopefully, my clumsiness won't rub off on our daughter!

No comments: